Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Bridgeport Connecticut



This weeks train yard could have been really good and for some people I'm sure it was. It was right next to loads of shops but us having only a few weeks left and not really buying much at the moment it was really just a big tease. It was handy to get a new suitcase though. The down side to this train yard for everyone though, was it is another one that is over half an hour from the venue.

Around the arena wasn't too exciting either, it wasn't bad but there really wasn't much there apart from The Barnum Museum which we didn't go to as it is closed because of Hurricane damage. That was a real shame, it is a really beautiful building and I'm sure it would have been interesting to us, more so now than before.



The main thing that is exciting about Bridgeport is you can catch a train to New York. I was so happy to get to go again before we left even if only for a day. We didn't do all that much either, just had lunch and let Willow run around Central Park. She loves it there. We did go and see the dress rehearsal for Dance On the new Big Apple Circus, which was fun. To be fair though I don't think I would have really cared what we did,. I was just happy to be back in New York and it reminded me just how much I love that city.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, now I'm homesick. You're just up the road from my old home. We were in Wilton, CT, near Norwalk.

I love NYC too, working on trying to get back there very soon.

S said...

Back to visit or back to stay?

Unknown said...

Oh sadly just to visit!
When are you home?

S said...

Aww, hope you enjoy your visit.

We have just over two weeks left, crazy how fast the last two years have gone.