Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pickle


Around two years ago when we first started looking for a parti poodle, I would show people a particular photo I found on Google images, saying "I want one just like this one, but I don't think they will let me have it". I had no idea if the dog in the photo was from the UK or even alive. I just showed people the photo to show them what a parti poodle was and thought it was a fine example of what I was looking for. Finally we found Apple and she has been part of our family for over a year. There is something strange about parti poodles though and most people who have them seem to have more than one. I have no idea why but very soon I realised I wanted a friend for Apple. I contacted a breeder that I had emailed before and whom others I knew had recommended and decided I would like one of her puppies even if I had to wait a while. Amazingly though, the day before I emailed her she had, had a boy born. Even more amazing though was I found out that his Grandmother was the poodle from the picture I use to show everyone 18 months ago. It was lovely to meet her when we went to collect him. So introducing Pickle…



…he really is a pickle!  

No comments: