Monday, March 15, 2010

Youngstown OH



So we had a bit of a nightmare train run to Youngstown due to Engine problems but we really didn't mind to much as we weren't in a massive rush to get there. We had heard lots of bad things not only about the train yard but the place its self, and it was just as I expected.




There was quite a bit of snow here, more than we had seen for a while. This pleased Willow lots and she even managed to make a snowman. Of course one of the down side to snow is it melts leaving large amounts of water in its place which results in a very muddy train yard. If you had wanted to go from a walk out of this yard (but we didn't) it was a bit of a hike to the road and then nothing to be seen from there either.

Once you escaped one of the worst train yards of the tour and heading to down town and the arena you found yourself no better off. I did venture out once to post a letter but the sound of jaws hitting the pavement (I tried to write sidewalk there and my UK spell check changed it to pavement) as I past made me decide not to repeat the experience.

Sorry Youngstown I tried to arrive with an open mind and like you but I failed.

No comments: