Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Kansas City

The arena was once again downtown which is really nice, right next to the Power and Light District. Not just because there are places to eat and the occasional shop but just because you can go out and explore and see a bit of the place. Kansas City was quite nice to explore there where some interesting buildings and it was quite pretty.





There where a lot of good food places near by but I managed to resist the temptation to go to the likes of Dave's BBQ. Everyone raved about it and it did look pretty good but a weeks worth of food in one sitting would have been just too much temptation. Another place I had heard good things about was Chef Burger. Me and Willow went there one afternoon and got kids meals. I really liked it as they serve real burgers and you can get so many different topping. It really wasn't anything like MacDonald’s or Burger King. The staff where really nice and friendly too, they took a great deal of interest in my Circus of Horrors top.

Often there are food places near the arena but this week there was also a supermarket, which is quite rare. It was a nice one too making it even rarer.

I wish City Market had been closer. It was close enough to walk but not to pop to every day. I really liked it there even though the day we went most things had started to close. There was a steamboat museum, craft stores, antique shops, farmers market, organic food and so much more.



The main thing that everyone seemed to be getting excited about coming here where the haunted houses. There where four really close to the train, The Beast, Edge of Hell, Macabre Cinema and The Chambers of Poe. We don't really do haunted houses like this in the UK so maybe I should have gone but I didn't really want to and I'm not sure 'because I think I should' is really a good enough reason as they were quite expensive. There is so much more I would rather spend my money on. The stories from other people sound fun but not enough to make me wish I had gone.



The area beside the train and where the haunted houses where was a really interesting part of town with loads of old warehouses, ideal for haunted houses.



There was a posh Cinema here, with a bar, dinner menu and waitress service to your seat but at $25 a ticket before even your popcorn, I'd just rather pay a bit less and use my legs.



Reading back on this it sounds like we didn't do that much here but I liked Kansas City and had a nice time here. You really don't need to be doing and spending to enjoy a place. Maybe the cooler weather had a big impact as we could actually get out and explore the place we were living for a week.

No comments: