Sunday, February 8, 2009

Birmingham and Jacksonville

Birmingham, Alabama

Birmingham started off cold and 10 hours ahead of schedule, but warmed up just in time for us to leave. I quite liked Birmingham; I got out a lot and briefly felt like I had a life.

Willow and I went to the science museum which was great. Apparently she didn’t learn anything though, it was just fun so I guess they do their job well. We liked it so much we were going to go back for a second visit but stumbled upon a Chinese festival so decided to go there instead.

We found some great shops here, with old stuff in, including an amazing bookshop.






Jacksonville, Florida

Anyone would think we had left Florida, it is freezing here.

For the first time the train is parked in one line but luckily the bus can also drive the full length so we don’t have to walk for miles to get on. We are also parked right next to another track but I’m not sure many trains run on it, either that or I’m getting immune to the sound now.

Jacksonville has also been one of the first places I have managed to get out and about on my own. So while Willow has been at school at the building I have been out exploring. The Jackson Landing was quite nice and had live music at the weekend. I didn’t see any porpoise, even though there where warning signs about.

At Jacksonville Landing

1 comment:

Kareen said...

All sounds fab, I love the photo of Willow and the train, great photography Sharon :) Thank you for our postcard xx