Monday, February 16, 2009

Greensboro, North Carolina

The train ride this week was a fairly short one and if there were any sites to behold I missed them as I slept pretty much all the way here on and off. I have found my train legs in the sense that I no longer feel sick on the jumps, but I have yet to experience this thing people speak of, feeling like a baby being rocked to sleep. Maybe I’m just too much of a light a sleeper, as every turn and bump and clank seems to wake me. Willow hasn’t really found her train legs either, though seabands seem to have worked a treat with her. Which is great because I actually bought them 8 years ago for morning sickness, they never worked for me then.

I expected the weather to get a lot chillier as we are heading north but the start of the week was quite mild, though the wind has picked up a bit now and in the words of a local weather reporter, “it’s worse in the hills because they are tall and pointy”. I have just watched Idiocracy and think it is a real threat for the future.

One thing I really hate about being on the road (rails) is finding a hairdresser. Now finding one is never a problem but you just don’t know what you’re going to get. In the past when we have been touring there have been times when I have come out thinking “Oh no it’s going to take years to grow back”. There have been some real bad ones and I really like going to the same place and knowing I’m going to get what I want. So this week both Willow and myself need cuts, and however much Tweed says he can do it as hairdressers run in the family we venture out to find one. For once we strike it lucky and pick a good one, Ja Dorable and a really nice stylist Nancee. Willow was really pleased as well as she got to have her hair dyed pink.

The most exciting thing this week though is we are really close to the building, (yes it’s the small things) so close we can walk and for a change we are parked in quite a ‘nice’ area.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you want veggi beans you need to look out for a Trader Joes, Whole Foods or Mrs Green's on your travels. They're the funky nationwide wholefoody type places. you'll get your veggie beans there.

I love the mice idea in Greenville, what a fun idea!

Get your snow pants ready to head up here, there's 6 - 10" forecasted for tonight and more for Friday. Normally it's a bit like this until about April, then it gets gorgeous. Are you coming into New England at all?
Do you have your tour schedule written anywhere on the blog?

What an adventure!

Rach x

S said...

Thanks for that I will look out for them, I found a great place today called Garden Cove 2 minutes from the train, typical we move tonight.

We get near you once you are no longer there. Will post some dates on my next blog as a few people have asked for dates.