Saturday, August 20, 2011

Lechlade – The Trout Inn

Lechlade is always interesting before we even get parked up due to a narrow bridge going on to the ground. It has recently been made a bit wider but not by much. This year Nell and Toti have a new wagon which is a bit bigger than their old one. I wish I had been there when Toti reversed it over, I think it would have been a really impressive sight to see and I doubt there are many people who could have managed. Willow and I had headed back to Folly so she could get a few days at school so we missed it.

The circus actually plays in The Trout Inn's garden, out the back and this is another venue you can pre order interval drinks. Its quite odd, in all the years we have been visiting this venue I think I have only been in the pub once. Though I'm sure they get plenty of custom from others in the company. They also have live music which draws Tweedy across occasionally.

We are right next to the river and for a few years now a local wild duck has hung out near the pen Brian the goose and duck live in. I'm sure it is the same duck from three years ago and I think it may want to run away and join the circus. Or maybe it is Brian’s number one fan.


The pub is situated out of town, but it is walk-able and there is a path which always helps. The town isn't big but I have always liked it and there are a few nice shops, including an all year Christmas shop which my Mum would love.

The town is fairly old and there is a notice board that gives its history and also has old photos so you can see what has changed or more interesting, what hasn't changed.






No comments: