Saturday, August 20, 2011

Tackley Oxfordshire


The description of Tackley didn't ring any bells with me and I wasn't sure I had been there, even though Tweedy had. Eventually I thought maybe I just didn't remember and I would recognise it once we arrived. This didn't happen and I'm sure I would have remembered, so I'm pretty certain I didn't join the circus last time Tweedy played here with them. Maybe Willow had something important to do that weekend, like a birthday party.

We play the village green which is nice and has quite a bit going on with the school being attached to it as well as the community centre and the Village Shop. The shop is really nice and definitely better than most corner shops you come across. The fruit and veg was all really fresh and they sold a lot of local products including some really rich chocolate ice cream. All the staff were really nice too, even tracking down some bubble mixture from another town for Willow when she wanted to buy some, though they didn't actually sell her it she got it free. Willow also loved the shop as she could just pop over on her own as it was so close.

Right next to the shop was a play park. Not as good as the one from Broadway, but then that will take some beating. Again close enough for Willow to pop over on her own.


On the day off we visited a town close by called Woodstock which I liked except for a car reversing into me. We visited the Oxfordshire Museum and Dinosaur garden which was free and Willow enjoyed. She hasn't really been to that many Museums or Gallery’s since we return from America and she was use to visiting lots. My favourite part of the museum was a visiting display by the photographer John Gay.

No comments: